Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Remnants of Ill-will

I try to be diligent about keeping up with U.S. news, but sometimes I'm glad to take a break from it.

Recent headlines have had me thanking my adventurous inclination to leave all that ego behind.

Kanye- forget about his music and look at him step over boundaries in attempt to...be an asshole? I'd understand sticking your neck out and making yourself look like an asshole if it was an award you'd been robbed of. And a VMA? What's there to sweat? I guess Grammies still have enough class to deign the mid-acceptance speech interruptions.

DDB--Although made by a Brasilian branch of this American advertising agency, I find the ink spilled on ad men of America's hands. This was breaching any kind of sensitivity for the 9/11 subject by trying to purport the most vain and gauche shock value. A true paradigm of American advertising and I will happily go a year without seeing a single U.S. TV commercial. Amen.

Walmart--I don't know where some people went wrong, but they all seem to end up at Walmart. The staple of middle American filth and a way to give us all a bad name. I will pick up a little ego and gloat that I have never been inside a Walmart before and I hopefully never plan to.

No comments: