Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Love to Queue

I went to Kyoto in a somewhat reluctant attempt to see the traveling Louvre exhibit. I heard rumors of a ridiculously long wait and having been to the actual Louvre in Paris, I had to make a day-of decision.

But, look at this mess. How is a line this long justifiable? In my experience at the Hyogo Prefectural museum, Japanese people continue to wait in line, even after they've passed through it. They have accustomed their brains to follow, short linear steps around the perimeter of an area, which is an atrocity in an art museum where you should be able to float freely from one artwork to the next.

Needless to say, I didn't spend the three hours it would take to make it into the museum. Instead, I stood in awe of this monstrosity of a line and decided to give myself the benefit of Kyoto and see Ginkakuji instead.

No comments: