Thursday, September 3, 2009

My mecca has been found!

The older I get, the more difficult it seems to find those out there who still have an affinity for those adorable little fur bundles that are seemingly inferior pets to the all-too-common cat and dog. Bunnies make the world go round. They are silent snuggle buddies that know nothing beyond the dimensions of their cage, unless you show them the real love they deserve.
This is why I feel touched by some divine presence that this bunny cafe could exist in the country I now reside! I could've guessed that Japan would be the place that harbors a sweet little cafe with resident rabbits to play with. Their love-for-bunny decor and of course their rabbit shaped cuisine tops of the real treat of getting to indulge in a room full of subdued playmates.

Japanese curry is served in a much desirable form.

Another great feature of this cafe is that it serves the cuddly community of rabbits just as much as those who adore them. Patrons are allowed to bring in their rabbits to "socialize" with the other bunnies who are more accustomed to being exalted by human touch and companionship.
People of all ages are welcome to enter a room that is separate from the cafe area where rabbits run freely and are happy to be held.

For me, it's a dream come true...and a weekend trip to Nagoya. My guess is I will be going alone considering many of my bipedal buddies will opt out of a weekend filled with an often overlooked furry creature of magic and joy. All the more for me!


No comments: