Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dig Deep #6: Summer Love

Akashi at sunset. I am quite romantic about my city at the moment. We are, after all, still in our honeymoon phase. And it's our summer of love...

I've missed the heat. The way your face gets that greasy grime when you can't stop sweating and how rewarding it is to wash off the day in ice cold water. The immovable fatigue after a long sun-kissed session at the beach, covered in only the bare essentials. How rewarding and fresh ice cream tastes, even when it melts down your hand and gets the in-between of your fingers all sticky. The way the ocean seem to sweat if there is too much tidal stillness. Panting dogs with unquenchable tongues, dripping onto concrete so hot it looks like acid sizzling. 

I know living with the proper change of seasons, I will soon feel the power of each and welcome fall with enthusiasm. After all, this summer thing is just a tryst. 

 

No comments: