Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Daft Signage

I laugh sometimes when I see really inane street signs. For example, the image above: It looks like a man holding a little girl's hand and they are hovering over a bike. I guess one would interpret it as "look for bikes before crossing the road"?? 

The one below is excellent. I interpret this as, "Young girls, please wait for the train attendant to help you if your hat should fall onto the tracks. They will bring a very strange clasp contraption to fish it out for you." Otherwise, I have yet to see any cautionary signs at the stations informing people of any other looming dangers other than the potential loss of a sun hat. 
There is a lot of  "Engurish"--placards and advertising that makes no sense; just a string of English words strewn together in grammatical discord. 

Then again, those are the only signs I do remotely understand since I am otherwise illiterate. 

No comments: